Oradea is the capital city of Bihor County and has 196.367 inhabitants.

Oradea

Oradea, The Ursulina's Complex

Google Static Map

GPS Coordinates:
47,05816 N, 21,93201 E

The Order founded in the sixteenth century by Sf. Angela de Merici, with the purpose of educating young girls, sends her representatives to Oradea in the middle of the 17th century.

In 1765, the canon Szenczy István began the construction of the ursulin school, which was to extend between two streets. Also bought a house (kitchen area today) for the 6 nuns arriving in town. Their first church was a small wooden tower, built in 1733.

At that time the building was built in the corner of Moscow's street. The right side of the church was built in 1858 by Bishop Szaniszló Ferenc, and in 1877 the side of Moscovei Street. In 1905, shop windows on the ground floor were arranged. At that time the entrance gate near the church was closed. Her traces are still visible. At first the elementary school building functioned, with which in 1859 appeared normal school, then in high school girls in 1881 and transformed in 1890 into civil school and middle school girls in 1928. From 1948 she became Girls School No. 2, later No. 3, and from 1956 she turned into mixed school. 1972 High School Alexandru Moghioros are functioning here, and in 1985 introduced the first Romanian classes. Since 1990 he has become the only Hungarian language teaching school in the city and took over the name of the poet Ady Endre.

After the Communist years, the Order of the Ursulins regained the owner's right over the building where Ady Endre High School is still.

The Ursulina
The Ursulina The Ursulina The Ursulina The Ursulina The Ursulina The Ursulina The Ursulina The Ursulina The Ursulina The Ursulina
The Ursulina The Ursulina The Ursulina The Ursulina The Ursulina The Ursulina The Ursulina The Ursulina The Ursulina The Ursulina
The Ursulina

Share The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email Tumblr