Câmpia Turzii is a locality situated in Cluj county, with a population of 22223 inhabitants.

Câmpia Turzii

Câmpia Turzii, Paget manor

Google Static Map

GPS Coordinates:
46,54486 N, 23,88876 E

Paget mansion in the center of Campia Turzii was built in 1840 by Englishman John Paget. At a reception in Rome, he met Wesselényi Polyxena, the niece of Baron Wesselényi Miklós. Her marriage even passing a problematic period near the english accepted, and soon they were married. Paget was moved to Campia Turzii, where he made a household model. During 1835-1836 he visited all the Hungarian kingdom. In 1847 he obtained Hungarian citizenship, but after the revolution infangeri family emigrated to England. In 1855 the estate was turned devastated.

It started from scratch, and restored the model household, renovated the castle in the middle of the park. After his death in 1913, the heir sold the entire estate to the state, the building becoming IAS headquarters. It is currently used by the city culture house.

Paget manor, Câmpia Turzii , Photo: Ana Maria Catalina Câmpia Turzii, Orthodox church, Photo: Ana Maria Catalina Câmpia Turzii, Orthodox church, Photo: Ana Maria Catalina Câmpia Turzii, Orthodox church, Photo: Ana Maria Catalina Câmpia Turzii, Orthodox church, Photo: Ana Maria Catalina Câmpia Turzii, Orthodox church, Photo: Ana Maria Catalina Câmpia Turzii, Orthodox church, Photo: Ana Maria Catalina Câmpia Turzii, Orthodox church, Photo: Ana Maria Catalina Câmpia Turzii, Orthodox church, Photo: Ana Maria Catalina Câmpia Turzii, Orthodox church, Photo: Ana Maria Catalina Câmpia Turzii, Orthodox church, Photo: Ana Maria Catalina Câmpia Turzii, Orthodox church, Photo: Ana Maria Catalina Câmpia Turzii, Orthodox church, Photo: Ana Maria Catalina

Share Paget manor, Câmpia Turzii (E60 Cluj-Sighisoara)·

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email Tumblr