Cluj-Napoca is the capital city of Cluj County and has 324.576 inhabitants.

Cluj
Sights, Cluj
Environs

Cluj-Napoca, Kemény house

Google Static Map

GPS Coordinates:
46,77092 N, 23,58957 E

On the ground floor Kemeny immediately after wearing the cellar door shows a door frame 1597 with the emblem fam. Filstich and a Latin inscription Envy accompanies virtue. There is still a frame, with the families of Wass and Vay. Frames are probably left from the previous house. The house came to the Wass family, and later to the Kemeny family by marrying the daughters of the Filstich family.

Probably Kemeny family rebuilt the house by giving it this baroque appearance, because in the middle 19th century was owned by Kemeny Samuel jr. His was the idea of setting up the Museum of Transylvania. His guests were in 1845 the politician Deak Ferenc and the poet Vörösmarty Mihály.

Kemeny house, Photo: WR Kemeny house, Photo: WR Kemeny house, Photo: WR Kemeny house, Photo: WR Kemeny house, Photo: WR Kemeny house, Photo: WR Kemeny house, Photo: WR Kemeny house, Photo: WR Kemeny house, Photo: WR Kemeny house, Photo: WR Kemeny house, Photo: WR Kemeny house, Photo: WR Kemeny house, Photo: WR

Share Kemény house, Cluj-Napoca·

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email Tumblr