Timișoara is the capital city of Timiș County and has 319.279 inhabitants.

Timișoara
Sights, Timișoara

Timișoara, School Piarist

Google Static Map

GPS Coordinates:
45,75283 N, 21,22186 E

The activity of the piarist's pedagogical order began in 1790, when the piarists who were moved from Sântana received the Franciscan's Convent. In 1870 417 Romano-Catholic, Orthodox, Jew, Lutheran and Reformed students attended the lyceum. The teaching language, at first, was the Latin, after that German, from the middle of the 19th century Hungarian and since 1920 Romanian. Independently from the teaching language there were classes in Hungarian, German, Romanian and Serbian as well. In 1909 the new edifice, with the entrance from Piața Horațiu, starts to be used. The Piarist's activity lasted until 1948. A great part of Banat's future elite was formed here. In the present the edifice has become the Polytechnic University.

School Piarist, Timișoara·, Photo: Eugen Uidumac School Piarist, Timișoara·, Photo: Niculina Olaru School Piarist, Timișoara·, Photo: Eugen Uidumac School Piarist, Timișoara·, Photo: Magdalena Popa School Piarist, Timișoara·, Photo: Eugen Uidumac School Piarist, Timișoara·, Photo: Eugen Uidumac School Piarist, Timișoara·, Photo: Niculina Olaru School Piarist, Timișoara·, Photo: Eugen Uidumac School Piarist, Timișoara·, Photo: Niculina Olaru

Hotels in Timișoara

Share School Piarist, Timișoara·

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email Tumblr