Tîrgu Mureș is the capital city of Mureș County and has 133.124 inhabitants.

Tîrgu Mureș

Tîrgu Mureș, Minorite's Church and Friary

Google Static Map

GPS Coordinates:
46,54288 N, 24,56162 E

The minorites appeared in the XVI.th century in Targu Mures. Parallel to the inflow of the reformation they leave the town and they turn back in 1740 when they start the building of the friary. Between 1741-1757 they built a baroque style church and a wooden belfry as well. They built between 1902-1903 a tower to the church. The friary had over the years several inmates: the theological college between 1895-1914, the normal school between 1945-1948, after1948 the university college and actually a part of it is arrented.

Contact: 0040-265-266-196 (Romanian, Hungarian)

Minorite Minorite Minorite Minorite Minorite Minorite Minorite Minorite Minorite Minorite

Hotels in Târgu Mureș

Share Minorite's Church and Friary, Târgu Mureș·

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email Tumblr