Miercurea Ciuc is the capital city of Harghita County and has 37.176 inhabitants.

Miercurea Ciuc

Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó's Fortress

Google Static Map

GPS Coordinates:
46,35598 N, 25,80219 E

The confine-fortress was ordered by Mikó Ferenc advisor of sovereign Bethlen Gábor and it was built between 1623-1631 in neo-renesaince style. The building was ruined during the 1661's Turkish punitive expedition. It was rebuilt by Count Steinwille István imperial general as it is seable today.

The exterior blindage having four bastions was dinished in 1732 the arriers of the fortresses were heightened. Thereof a bridge went to the fortress equiped with 16 artilleries. Inside the fortress-wall there was a buttery, a bakery and a barrack. The Mikó fortress had been the barrack of the imperial troops until 1764, until 1848 residence of the (székely) infantry regiment, then from 1873 on it was occupied by the hungarian royal military. From 1880 the fortification had been gradualy felt up.

It was restaurated in 1970 and first here was installed the County Museum later the Csíki Székely Museum and the County Art Treasure Preservative Office. In the garden behind the fortress there was established a Village-Museum. The bail gives place to old-time music festivals.

Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó Miercurea Ciuc, Mikó

Hotels in Miercurea Ciuc

Hotels within a radius of 12km from Miercurea Ciuc

Share Mikó's Fortress, Miercurea Ciuc·

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email Tumblr