Miercurea Ciuc is the capital city of Harghita County and has 37.176 inhabitants.

Miercurea Ciuc

Miercurea Ciuc, St. Anthony chapel

Google Static Map

GPS Coordinates:
46,37770 N, 25,83337 E

St. Anthony Chapel was built in 1673, by the Franciscan monk János Mak, in gratitude that survived in 1661 during the Turkish invasion. In a burnt brick engraved text: Joannes Mak Ao. 1673. And now visible behind a glass. The chapel gained its present appearance in 1773-1775. The renovation and refurbishment costs discovered Hallerkői Count Haller Carolina.

In 1779 the chapel had three altars and an organ. The current altar was made in 1975, the altar painting in the nineteenth century. Statue of St. Anton was carved in 1942.

St. Anthony chapel, Miercurea Ciuc·, Photo: WR St. Anthony chapel, Miercurea Ciuc·, Photo: WR St. Anthony chapel, Miercurea Ciuc·, Photo: WR St. Anthony chapel, Miercurea Ciuc·, Photo: WR St. Anthony chapel, Miercurea Ciuc·, Photo: WR St. Anthony chapel, Miercurea Ciuc·, Photo: WR St. Anthony chapel, Miercurea Ciuc·, Photo: WR St. Anthony chapel, Miercurea Ciuc·, Photo: WR St. Anthony chapel, Miercurea Ciuc·, Photo: WR St. Anthony chapel, Miercurea Ciuc·, Photo: WR St. Anthony chapel, Miercurea Ciuc·, Photo: WR St. Anthony chapel, Miercurea Ciuc·, Photo: WR

Hotels in Miercurea Ciuc

Share St. Anthony chapel, Miercurea Ciuc·

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email Tumblr