Ghimbav is a locality situated in Brașov county, with a population of 4698 inhabitants.

Ghimbav

Ghimbav (Weidenbach)

Google Static Map

GPS Coordinates:
45,66809 N, 25,50637 E

The village already has a stone church in 1241 during the Tartar raids. The Saxon Evangelical church, which still exists, was built in the XIII century Gothic style. The surrounding wall and the ditches were built in the XV century. The fortress used to have seven towers, today there are only five. It is strange, that it never lost in a battle, but surrounded twice. First it was to monarch Báthory in order to avoid devastation. Later it was Michael Weiss from Brasov who has concoured the castle and gave it back to the citizens. However, second time thay were not so lucky. In 1685 they let the Tartars inside, but the latter burnt down the church and the village, and took hostiges. The recunstruction of the church starts in 1686. As time passed by the dwellers have built small houses next to the wall. This were demolished in the XX century. The Romanian church was built in 1783 and the first Romanian started its existance in 1848.

Ghimbav, Evangelical church Ghimbav Ghimbav Ghimbav, Evangelical church Ghimbav, Evangelical church Ghimbav, Evangelical church Ghimbav Ghimbav Ghimbav, Evangelical church Ghimbav, Evangelical church Ghimbav. Romanian church Ghimbav, Evangelical church Ghimbav, Evangelical church Ghimbav, Evangelical church

Hotels within a radius of 12km from Ghimbav

Share Evangelical fortified church, Ghimbav (E68 Sibiu-Brasov)·

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email Tumblr