Făgăraș is a locality situated in Brașov county, with a population of 30714 inhabitants.

Făgăraș

St. Nicholas Orthodox Church

Google Static Map

GPS Coordinates:
45,83998 N, 24,97828 E

The church was built by Constantin Brâncoveanu between 1697 and 1698, complying with Apafi Mihály's request not to make the walls too thick, and the tower too high, so that the towers of the Fagaras fortress remain the dominant ones. In 1723 the church is taken away by the Unitarians, and till 1737 it functions as Unitarian episcopate. Then it is returned to the Othodox church.

The altar screen is made from real, gilded oak. Its paintings were made by Preda from Câmpulung, whose sons painted the church in 1721. The frescos in the parvis were made in 1778 by an unknown artist.

Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR Orthodox Church, Photo: WR

Open hours:

8.00-10.00, 18.00-20.00

Contact

Tel : 0040-268-281-125

You can speak with us in Romanian

Hotels in Făgăraș

Hotels within a radius of 12km from Făgăraș

Share St. Nicholas Orthodox Church, Făgăraș (E68 Sibiu-Brasov)·

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email Tumblr