Catholic Church

Google Static Map

GPS Coordinates:
45.84235 N, 24.97747 E

The Catholic church and convent was built in 1737 by the Franciscan monks. They also operated a school starting with 1747, but the 1760 fire burned down the roof , and the entire equipment of the church, as well as the friary and the school. It was rebuilt in 1761. What was left from the old setup, is the main altar, which has a rotating centre part.

There are a number of gilded, man-sized, wood statues in the church. Saint Michael's statue above the pulpit is also gilded. The 18 register organ was built in 1895. The walls of the convent' canteen were painted, one of these is preserved today. Two sundials measure time in the interior yard form 8am to 3pm.

Catholic church, Fotó: WR Catholic church, Fotó: WR Catholic church, Fotó: WR Catholic church, Fotó: WR Catholic church, Fotó: WR Catholic church, Fotó: WR Catholic church, Fotó: WR Catholic church, Fotó: WR Catholic church, Fotó: WR Catholic church, Fotó: WR Catholic church, Fotó: WR Catholic church, Fotó: Marius Moruz Catholic church, Fotó: WR Catholic church, Fotó: WR Catholic church, Fotó: Marius Moruz Catholic church, Fotó: WR Catholic church, Fotó: WR Catholic church, Fotó: Marius Moruz Catholic church, Fotó: Marius Moruz Catholic church, Fotó: WR

Open hours:

7.00-19.00

Contact

Tel : 0040-268-211-887

You can speak with us in:

Romanian, Ungarian, German, English, French, Spanish, Italian

Hotels in Făgăraş

Hotels within a radius of 12km from Făgăraş