Albești is a locality situated in Mureș county, with a population of 3546 inhabitants.

Albești

Albești

Google Static Map

GPS Coordinates:
46,23602 N, 24,84781 E

Albesti was first mentioned in 1231 as Albae Ecclesie. It belonged to the Haller family. The castle was built before 1637, but today the summer-house is the only part that remained from the two-story castle with four square towers, a drawbridge and moat, surrounded by a park, lake, and flowers. The settlement is a place of remembrence of Petőfi, due to the 1849 July 31 battle of Sighisoara where he was last seen alive.The Petőfi memorial stands by the side of the road next to Ispánkút. There is a Petőfi museum in the village established by countess Louise Haller. The garden houses the statues of Petőfi and Bem. On the skirts of the village there is an obelisk with the turul bird reminding of those fallen in the battle. The poet was also buried in one of the three mass graves. The Russian commander, count Szkarjanyin's memorial stands on the boarder of Sighisoara.

Albești , Photo: László János Albești , Photo: László János Albești , Photo: Nagy Adél Albești , Photo: Nagy Adél Albești , Photo: Németh Márton Albești , Photo: László János Albești , Photo: Németh Márton Albești , Photo: László János Albești, Fortress, Photo: Szabó Tibor Albești , Photo: Németh Márton

Albești, sights

Fortress

Hotels in Albești

Hotels within a radius of 12km from Albești

Share Albești (E60 Sighișoara-Sinaia)·

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email Tumblr