Cluj-Napoca is the capital city of Cluj County and has 309,136 inhabitants.

Sights, Cluj
Environs

Cluj-Napoca, The Medicine-Historical Museum

Google Static Map

GPS Coordinates:
46.77117 N, 23.58950 E

The building of the medicine-historical museum was built in the XV century. Here functioned the first worldly pharmacy of the city. From 1752 on it was directed by Tóbiás Mauksch while in the 50's of the XIX century it was owned by the Hintz family. The 8-9 generation of the Mauksch-Hintz dynasty gave more then 20 pharmacist to the society. The St. György pharmacy functioned in this building till 1949.

The organization of the museum's functioning in four rooms and in the cellar is links up with Gyula Orient. It includes over 3000 exhibits. These are porcelain and glass vessels, presses, old balances, laboratory instruments, old pharmacy furniture, medicines, recipes, medieval officinal stamps. On the ceiling of the room that was kept as office there are XVIII century paintings. In the cellar there are several mortars from the XVI-XIX centuries.

The Medicine-Historical Museum The Medicine-Historical Museum The Medicine-Historical Museum The Medicine-Historical Museum The Medicine-Historical Museum The Medicine-Historical Museum The Medicine-Historical Museum The Medicine-Historical Museum The Medicine-Historical Museum The Medicine-Historical Museum The Medicine-Historical Museum The Medicine-Historical Museum The Medicine-Historical Museum The Medicine-Historical Museum

Open hours:

10:00 - 16:00.

Contact

Tel : 0040-264-595-677

You can speak with us in: Romanian, English, French, Italian

Accommodation in Cluj:

Pension Déja Vu Pension Déja Vu Pension Siago Pension Siago Hotel Transilvania Hotel Transilvania Pension Vidalis Pension Vidalis Pension Casa Zânelor Pension Casa Zânelor Pension Iozefini Pension Iozefini

The comparative table of the pensions

here