Brașov is the capital city of Brașov County and has 252.200 inhabitants.

Brașov

Brașov, The theater

Google Static Map

GPS Coordinates:
45,64608 N, 25,59833 E

The first plays performed in town were staged by the Dominican order in 1500. In 1542 János Honterus implemented plays in the evangelical schools. The continuity of the Saxon theatre life was aided by the early opening of the stone theater were the theatre companies from Cluj-Napoca also performed. In 1946 the Romanian theatre company was founded and later on it became the National Theater. In 1959 they moved to the present theater. Thanks to director Alexandrescu Sică in 1968 the company adopted the Drama Theater name which in 1994 changed to Alexandrescu Sică in remebreance of him. In 1989 the theater's puppet section evolved and formed the Arlechino puppet-show. The theater has two showrooms, the assembly room with 750 seats and the studio room with 60.

The theater, Photo: Adrian Modrișan The theater, Photo: Adrian Modrișan The theater, Photo: Alexandru Cociu The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov The theater, Photo: Alexandru Cociu The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov May 2013

Hotels in Brașov

Share The theater, Brașov·

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email Tumblr