Brașov is the capital city of Brașov County and has 252.200 inhabitants.

Brașov

Brașov, The Catholic Church

Google Static Map

GPS Coordinates:
45,64455 N, 25,58900 E

The only baroque monument in town was built betwen 1773-1787 with the aid of empress Maria Theresa, in the place of the cherubic monastery, following the plans of József Károly Lamanch. The main altar is carved and gilded, the six side altars are also adorned with statues and paintings. The church guards the statues of Saint Peter, Saint Paul, Saint Ann and Saint Anthony of Padua. The organ was built in Timisoara in the inter-bellum period. The painted glass was made in Budapest between 1891-1894. The church has several beautiful carpets and 14 paintings illustrating the Stations of the Cross. The monumental cross at the entrance was erected in 1782. The church founded the Roman Catholic Gymnasium in 1840.

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Daniel Stoica The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Karácsonyi Attila The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Karácsonyi Attila The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Karácsonyi Attila The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Miruna Costache The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Miruna Costache The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Miruna Costache The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Karácsonyi Attila The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Miruna Costache The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Miruna Costache May 2013

Hotels within a radius of 12km from Brașov

Share The Catholic Church, Brașov·

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email Tumblr