Brașov is the capital city of Brașov County and has 252.200 inhabitants.

Brașov

Brașov, The county library

Google Static Map

GPS Coordinates:
45,64570 N, 25,58712 E

First it was the library of the Evangelical church that was transformed into public library. The town bought books as early as 1533. Janus Honter played an important role in developing the library, he also made the operation rules. The library was open all day but the books could not be taken away. Donations made the library richer but everything burnt down in the fire. The first public library after the fire was established in 1835 by Casinei române, the club of the wealthy Romanian merchants. In 1861 the books were taken to the Astra library, which founded the Dr. Alexandru Bogdan library in the Baiulescu house in 1930. In 1969 the county library moved into the building occupied till then by the chambers of commerce and industry. This construction was erected in between 1926-1928. Since 1992 it is known as George Barițiu library.

The county library, Photo: Andrei Modrișan The county library, Photo: Andrei Modrișan The county library, Photo: Daniel Stoica The county library, Photo: County library The county library, Photo: County library The county library, Photo: County library The county library, Photo: County library The county library, Photo: County library The county library, Photo: County library The county library, Photo: County library The county library, Photo: County library The county library, Photo: County library May 2013

Hotels in Brașov

Share The county library, Brașov·

Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Pinterest StumbleUpon Email Tumblr